SF1126 for Patients With Relapsed or Refractory Neuroblastoma
Phase: Phase 1
DFCI Protocol ID: 15-243
SF1126 is a novel inhibitor of PI3 kinase and mTOR that includes an active moiety (consisting of LY294002) linked to an RGDS tetrapeptide that targets the active agent to integrin expressing tissues. In this first pediatric phase 1 trial of SF1126, dose escalation will follow a 3+3 dose escalation design. Once a recommended phase 2 pediatric dose is identified, an expansion cohort of 10 patients with tumors with MYCN amplification, Mycn expression, or Myc expression will be treated.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Children's Hospital Boston
Suzanne Shusterman, MD,
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
Childrens Hospital Pediatric Clinical Translation Investigation Program CTIP, email@example.com
- Patients must have a diagnosis of neuroblastoma either by histologic verification of
neuroblastoma and/or demonstration of tumor cells in the bone marrow with increased
- Patients must have high-risk neuroblastoma according to COG risk classification at
the time of study enrollment.
- Patients must have at least ONE of the following: 1) Recurrent/progressive disease at
any time prior to study enrollment, 2) Refractory disease, 3) Persistent disease
- Patients must have at least ONE of the following: 1) Bone disease, 2) Any amount of
neuroblastoma tumor cells in the bone marrow, 3) At least one soft tissue lesion that
meets criteria for a TARGET lesion.
- Patients must have a Lansky (< 16 years) or Karnofsky (> 16 years) score of at least
- Patients must have fully recovered from the acute toxic effects of all prior
chemotherapy, immunotherapy, or radiotherapy prior to entering this study.
- Patients must not be receiving any other anti-cancer agents or radiotherapy at the
time of study entry or while on study.
- Patients must not be receiving other investigational medications (covered under
another IND) within 30 days of study entry or while on study.
- Patients must not be receiving chronic systemic corticosteroids at doses greater than
physiologic dosing (inhaled corticosteroids acceptable).
- Patient must meet the organ function requirements as stated in the protocol.
- Pregnancy, breast feeding, or unwillingness to use effective contraception during the
- Patients status post-allogeneic stem cell transplant are not eligible.
- Patients who, in the opinion of the investigator, may not be able to comply with the
safety monitoring requirements of the study.
- Patients with disease of any major organ system that would compromise their ability
to withstand therapy.
- Patients who are on hemodialysis.
- Patients with an active or uncontrolled infection.
- Patients with known intraparenchymal brain metastasis at study entry are excluded due
to poor CNS penetration of SF1126.
- Known history of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, hepatitis B, or
- Patient declines participation in NANT 2004-05, the NANT Biology Study.