Efficacy and Safety of Rivipansel (GMI-1070) in the Treatment of Vaso-Occlusive Crisis in Hospitalized Subjects With Sickle Cell Disease
Phase: Phase 3
DFCI Protocol ID:
This is a clinical study evaluating the efficacy and safety of rivipansel (GMI-1070) in treating subjects with sickle cell disease (SCD) who are 6 years of age or older experiencing a pain crisis necessitating hospitalization.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Children's Hospital Boston, Brigham and Women's Hospital
Matthew Heeney, MD,
Children's Hospital Boston
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
Childrens Hospital Pediatric Clinical Translation Investigation Program CTIP, email@example.com
- At least 6 years of age.
- Documented diagnosis of sickle cell disease.
- Diagnosis of vaso-occlusive crisis necessitating admission to the hospital with
treatment including IV opioids.
- Able to receive the first dose of study drug within 24 hours from the administration
of IV opioids.
- Serious systemic infection
- Acute Chest Syndrome
- Serious concomitant medical problems (for example, stroke)
- SCD pain atypical of VOC
- Severe renal or hepatic impairment
- Chronic pain rather than a presentation of acute VOC