Neuroblastoma Precision Trial
DFCI Protocol ID: 16-624
This proposal sets forth the platform for a Precision Medicine clinical trial through the New Approaches to Neuroblastoma Therapy (NANT) consortium. The plan is to utilize NANT's established multi-institutional infrastructure and Translational Genomics Research Institute GEM sequencing platform for acquisition and gene panel sequencing of relapsed biological specimens in relapsed/refractory neuroblastoma (rNB) including those obtained from the bone, bone marrow or soft tissue. Our primary aim is to identify subgroups of rNB patients who have potentially targetable genetic (ALK, MAPK pathway, Metabolic-related genes) and/or immunologic (tumor-associated macrophage infiltration and/or programmed death ligand [PD-L1] expression) biomarkers in rNB. Additional potential novel biomarkers will also be evaluated and reported in this cohort of patients.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women's Hospital
Suzanne Shusterman, MD,
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
Childrens Hospital Pediatric Clinical Translation Investigation Program CTIP, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patients must be â‰¥ 1 year and â‰¤ 30 years of age at study registration
- Patients must have had a diagnosis of neuroblastoma either by histological
verification of neuroblastoma and/or demonstration of tumor cells in the bone marrow
with increased urinary catecholamines.
- Patients must have a history of high-risk neuroblastoma according to
- COG risk classification at the time of study registration. Patients must have at
least one of the following: Recurrent/progressive disease, Refractory disease,
- Patient must be willing to undergo a clinically indicated biopsy and meet at least
one of the following requirements: Bone biopsy, Soft tissue biopsy, Bone marrow
biopsy and aspirate
- Patients must not be receiving any other anti-cancer agents or radiotherapy during
- Patients with disease of any major organ system that would compromise their ability
to withstand biopsy procedures of soft tissue, bone and/or bone marrow.
- Patients who enroll and successfully receive a NANT Precision Report may not
re-enroll at a future time.
- Patient declines participation in NANT 2004-05, the NANT Biology Study.