Clinical trial design, Disparities, Immunotherapies, Novel therapies, Protocol development, Survivorship
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, 2017
- Pediatrics, 2013
- Lucile Packard Children's Hospital / Stanford University, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 2016
- Lucile Packard Children's Hospital / Stanford University, Pediatric Neuro-Oncology, 2017
- Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland, Pediatrics, 2013
- University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, 2010
Dr. Cooney's research interests include early phase clinical trial development for pediatric central nervous system (CNS) tumors, developmental therapeutics, disparities, and diversity. She has presented her findings, including initial results from a Phase 1 trial in Panobinostat for children with diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG) and a DIPG historical cohort, at international and national meetings. Dr. Cooney is actively involved in several pediatric brain tumor consortia, holds leadership committee positions in the Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Consortium (PNOC) and Response Assessment in Pediatric Neuro-Oncology (RAPNO), and is a rising leader in her field.