The Global Health Initiative Team
The Global Health Initiative (GHI) at Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center brings together faculty, fellows, researchers, nurses, social workers, psychologists, health educators, and managers to help support international projects on childhood cancer and blood disorders.
- Leslie Lehmann, MD, is the Clinical Director of the Pediatric Stem Cell Transplant Center and the Medical Director of the Global Health Initiative at Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorder Center, as well as Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Harvard Medical School. Since 2008, she has been collaborating with foreign partners and nonprofit organizations such as Partners In Health in Haiti and Rwanda to design programs that effectively deliver quality pediatric oncology care in low- and middle-income countries.
- Natasha Archer, MD, MPH — Haiti
- Brian Delaney, PsyD, is the Director of the Psychology Fellowship in Pediatric Psychosocial Oncology, Senior Psychologist, and member of the Global Health Initiative at Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and Assistant Professor in Psychology at Harvard Medical School. He has provided program support to psychosocial services in South America, the Caribbean, and Southeast Asia.
- Lisa Diller, MD
- Jorge Fernandez, LICSW, is a senior member of the Division of Pediatric Psychosocial Oncology and member of the Global Health Initiative at Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center. He began working in pediatric oncology in 1999. His international experience in pediatric psychosocial oncology includes: clinical consultation, assessment, program development, staff support, abandonment reduction, and patient communication and education with partner sites in Asia, South America, and the Caribbean.
- Lindsay Frazier, MD, ScM — El Salvador, Georgia, Guatemala
- Alejandro Gutierrez, MD — Colombia
- Lisa Morrissey, MSN, RN, CPON, MPH — Colombia, Dominican Republic, Georgia, Myanmar
- Colleen Nixon, MSN, RN, CPHON®