Dana-Farber's Jimmy Fund Clinic is one of the world's premier centers for pediatric cancer treatment and research. It encourages hope for children with cancer and their families. Designed especially for the comfort and convenience of pediatric cancer patients and their families, the Jimmy Fund Clinic follows the "family-centered care" philosophy of Institute founder, Dr. Sidney Farber, assuring that a patient's psychological, family, and spiritual needs are met as well as their medical needs.
The Jimmy Fund Clinic includes:
- An expansive infusion room with both shared and private spaces and various activity options
- Multiple consultation rooms to provide families private meeting spaces
- Procedure rooms designed to allow procedures such as spinal taps during patient appointments; the ability to provide sedation for procedures assures patient comfort and convenience.
- The Blum Pediatric Resource Room, with resources for parents and activities and iPads for children and teens
- Its own independent pharmacy
Jimmy Fund Clinic resources
- Consultation and isolation rooms provide private meeting areas for your child and family to meet with members of our care team before, during, and after treatment.
- Complementary therapies such as massage and music therapy are available. (Complementary therapies for both children and adults also can be accessed through the The Leonard P. Zakim Center for Integrative Therapies and Healthy Living at Dana-Farber.)
- An activities coordinator and adolescent activities specialist distract young children, play games with older children, and organize outside events, such as baseball games and holiday parties.
- A child life specialist in the Blum Resource Room provides access to educational books, video tapes, and DVDs, as well as Internet access and educational programs.
Hours of operation:
- Monday–Friday (all services): 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Saturday (pre-scheduled infusions only): 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Location: Dana building, 3rd floor
Daytime phone numbers:
- Established patients: 617-632-3270
Use this number Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. for non-urgent issues including:
• Scheduling and appointment requests
• Medical and symptom management questions
• Prescription refill requests
• General questions
- New patients/second opinions: 888-PEDI-ONC (733-4662)
- New brain tumor patients: 617-632-2680
- New stem cell transplantation patients: 617-632-3961
- Evenings, holidays, and weekends: Dial the page operator at 617-632-3352 and ask for the pediatric hematology/oncology fellow on call. You should hear back within 10 minutes.
Call 911 for life-threatening emergencies
Note: Outpatient care for most non-malignant hematology patients is provided on the 7th floor of Boston Children's Hospital and at satellite locations in Lexington, Peabody, Waltham, and Weymouth.