When faced with complex medical questions or decisions regarding a new diagnosis or treatment plan for your child, having an expert second opinion from the world’s leading pediatric specialists at Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s can provide peace of mind that your child is getting the best care.
We offer two options for second opinions:
- Schedule an in-person appointment in Boston. Contact our new patient coordinators, and we will schedule an appointment for your child as soon as possible. (See our contact information or use our appointment request form.)
- Use our Online Second Opinion Program to receive a second opinion from our specialists without having to leave your home. (See details below.)
Online Second Opinion Program
Dana-Farber/Boston Children's has partnered with Boston Children's Hospital and Grand Rounds to deliver our world-renowned pediatric cancer and blood disorders expertise to you no matter where you are. This easy-to-use service is completely confidential. Everything is done remotely using your current medical records, so you save the disruption of taking time off work, taking your child out of school, as well as the expense of traveling to Boston.
Use our online second opinion tool when your child:
- has received a new diagnosis
- has experienced a change in her condition
- has been recommended surgery or a treatment plan
Note: This program is NOT designed to handle medical emergencies. If this is a medical emergency, please immediately call your local emergency service number (911 in the U.S.) to get prompt medical attention, or go to your nearest hospital, emergency room, or urgent care center.
Learn More About our Online Second Opinion Program